Spreadsheet Superstar needed
Do you have more than the average knowledge of Excel spreadsheets? Can you write macros in VBA? Are you enthusiastic and creative enough that you can impress my clients by building automated office tools, effective business intelligence dashboards, calculators and reports with an eye for design so that they are stunning to look at and use? Can you make a spreadsheet look more like a website, with great visuals and navigation?
My business is growing fast and I’m always on the lookout for team members who can commit to supporting me on a regular basis. If you are looking for a role where you can put your creative and analytical skills to good use and help improve the efficiency of systems, then this could be the opportunity for you! My clients are successful consultants and business owners and you must be able to handle people who work at a fast pace, make lots of demands and expect high standards. You’ll have strong communication skills and be able to juggle a demanding workload with ease.
Essential skills you need:
- Above average knowledge of Microsoft Excel and its formulas with the ability to adapt current client spreadsheets or create new ones to their specifications.
- Experience with Excel form tools, VBA and macro development and no fear of features such as pivot tables and solver.
- Ability to validate data, format and customize charts with a keen interest in data visualisation.
- A good understanding of business intelligence dashboards, KPIs and metrics in business.
- A good working knowledge of the whole Microsoft Office Suite and a grasp of similar products such as Google Business Apps. It would be an advantage if you know how to link products together and bring in external data.
- A good standard of spelling and grammar
Ideally I’m looking for those who can commit from 15-20 hours a week. Whilst I can be flexible around your availability, the hours you can do will need to be agreed so that work can be planned and must be during business hours, 9-5 Mon-Fri.
You must be able to take and make client phone calls and so a cheery disposition and a great attitude are key. You’ll need to be happy and self-motivated enough to primarily work alone although we can have good parties on Google hangouts! You will need access to a computer having an up to date version of Microsoft Office, be willing to access shared systems and have a phone and good broadband connection.
So if you think you’ve got the right skills and could help wow my clients on a daily basis, please send your proposal (or even better, something creative that shows me you can “think outside the cell”) and tell me why you’re the right person to help me grow the business.
Please respond to Joanne Sparkes email@example.com just as soon as you can!